The City has been working to build a connected, efficient transportation network that supports auto, transit, bicycle and pedestrian activity. There are many ways to encourage active transportation, like walking, biking and transportation. These activities are good for the environment, but they are important for a healthy community. Infrastructure needs and projects are outlined in the Transportation Master Plan and Capital Improvements Plan. For more information on pedestrian needs, view the Walk Champaign Pedestrian Plan here.
Champaign Growing Greener - Transportation Behavior Goals
How can I 'Grow Green?'
- Biking around C-U and tips for bicycle commuting – www.Champaigncountybikes.org
- Champaign-Urbana Bike Month, lots of events each May - www.c-ubike.org
- Local transit – www.cumtd.org
- Zip Car – http://www.zipcar.com/uillinois
- Amtrak - http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am/am2Station/Station_Page&code=CHM
- Did you know the community is working to build the 24.5 mile Kickapoo Rail Trail from Urbana to Danville? It will be an awesome recreational trail that connects to Kickapoo State Park! Learn more here: http://www.kickapoorailtrail.org/